Ruby (Rails) Developer
Pollinate is seeking a Ruby developer for contract-to-hire at our headquarters in downtown Portland, Oregon. This is a chance to join a talented development team and lead a growing Ruby need across a number of clients.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience as a Ruby on Rails web developer or equivalent position.
- Familiar and comfortable with common APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc) and ability to create data services.
- Be comfortable writing automated tests using RSpec.
- Experience using version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.) individually or in a team setting.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Network of other developers to lean on or learn from.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Strong desire to learn.
What would be nice to have:
- Experience working with PaaS providers: Engine Yard, Heroku, or AppFog.
- Experience in the field of digital or mobile advertising.
- Familiarity with PHP, ASP.NET and other frameworks.
As a contractor, you'll get:
- To work with other great developers and creative folk that like to have fun building things together.
- To showcase your skills on exciting brands like Sur La Table, Leatherman, or Wilson Sporting Goods.
- Work in downtown Portland with access to carts, parks, and other amenities.
- Great coffee and beers on tap.
If hired later, you'll get the above, plus:
- 2 large monitors connected to a machine of your choice.
- Stand-up desk (if you want) and an ergonomic allowance.
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision for employees.
- 401K with generous company match.
To get started:
Please send resume and any associated materials to email@example.com. Cover letters are always welcome.